Friday, May 04, 2007

I don't have vertigo, just out on the walkway.


I have seen this in the news, both in the planning stages and since it was open, and it does bring out the shivers in me. The Grand canyon glass walkway, skywalk, or glass bridge or whatever you call it. I wonder if I would have the strength to overcome the vertigo and go out on it. On first thought, I love it when you see that view - once I saw it in one of those dome projected i-movies or whatever they are called, where you are in a small plane as it glides over and through the canyon, swooping and looking straight down as it goes over the edge, looking down to the river so far away. I would love to see that view, but I might be petrified by the experience, who knows.

3 comments:

PDQ said...

Notary Sojak??? please explain....

R.G.B. said...

Baby boomers might best know this phrase, just a nonsense thing that used to appear in the Sunday funnies, “Smokey Stover” and “They’ll do it every time” Little square signs were posted on street light poles, walls, etc. I think it never really had a meaning, except a certain disrespect for authority.

I use it when there looks like there should be a wise crack or comment somewhere, but nothing comes to mind, or you want to show a lack of seriousness.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a distant cousin to Pat Sajack .
Could we please have a link to catch all drawer on the new
R G B ?
Thanks
John