Thursday, February 08, 2007

Fred's Magic

Another benefit of my volunteer work at the shelter is finding some nice people, and even some talented ones, like this guy Fred, a really clever and likable guy who plays the guitar and does magic as a hobby. He said he has been doing magic since high school.

Personally, Fred got laid off five years ago from a good job at one of the biggest employers in CT, "Electric Boat" that builds subs and stuff on contract for the government like the other big shipbuilder in Norfolk Virginia. After that layoff, his marriage fell apart, he drank too much and yadda yadda now is trying to get back on track, but it is hard, as you know, once you are down there. Anyhow, Fred and I had some good conversations, and I took this video of me trusting him to give me my ten dollar bill back.

No comments: