Tuesday, November 15, 2005

MS stupidity

Although Microsoft has done better in recent offerings, they still just can't help itself in its dumb and condescending comments and error messages. For one thing, they always sound as if the computer is actually talking to me. Or blaming me! Stop it!

This error message is more like a therapy session!
No, you bozo, I didn't forget. The keyboard repeated, or I hit two keys at once, or whatever.


When you request a receipt for an email, and it comes back to you, microsoft Outlook Express feels the need to put this message on it:

This is a Return Receipt for the mail that you sent to xyz@abc.com

Note: This Return Receipt only acknowledges that the message was displayed on the recipient's computer. There is no guarantee that the recipient has read or understood the message contents.

Duuh? I thought it was guaranteed that the recipient has read every word and understood it. (?) I get replies to emails that prove some recipients don't understand a word I wrote.

No comments: